Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Network access control

From: Jay Tumas <jay_tumas () HARVARD EDU>
Date: Fri, 19 Jan 2007 17:17:58 -0500

We use PacketFence here on the Harvard Core Network.  As it was developed
by local Security engineers, I can say first hand that it will continue
to evolve and be supported by the community.  We have an installation
supporting well over 6000 clients and it's working flawlessly.

--
Jay Tumas, NSA/IAM,IEM

- Network Operations Manager
- Network Security and Incident Response Team Manager
- Longwood Medical Area Technical Subcommittee Chair
- NEECTF/InfraGard Member

Harvard University - UIS/Network Operations Center
60 Oxford Street, Suite 132
Cambridge, MA. 02138

Office: 617-496-8500  VoIP/SoftPhone:  617-384-6530
Cell:   617-733-6169  Cell 2-way/Email:  6177336169 () vtext com
"The first method for estimating the intelligence of a ruler
is to look at the men he has around him." - Niccolo Machiavelli

Charles L. Bombard wrote:
Still looking. I am on the fence (excuse the pun) and can go with either
one at the moment. Packetfence seems to have acquired a large following,
and netreg seems to not be in active development any longer.

www.netreg.org
www.packetfence.org

-Charlie

Charles Bombard, GSEC
LAN/Systems Administrator
Community College of Vermont
119 Pearl Street
Burlington, VT 05401
802.657.4234
bombardc () ccv edu

PRIVACY & CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This message is for the designated
recipient only and may contain privileged, confidential, or otherwise
private information. If you have received it in error, please notify the
sender immediately and delete the original. Any other use of an email
received in error is prohibited.