Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Music download service...

From: Jason Richardson <JasonR () GWM SC EDU>
Date: Fri, 6 Oct 2006 09:20:12 -0400

My answers pertain to the edu that I worked at for the past six years
before moving to this one a few months ago.  My understanding is that we
(here) are currently looking at a similar service.

Questions:

How many of you offer music download service for your schools? - NIU
does.

Which service do you use? - Ruckus

Has it been widely accepted and utilized? - Accepted and moderately
utilized.

Has it slowed-down the DMCA notices? - As of last year, no.

What affect on bandwidth has it had? - Not much.

Does anyone have an on-campus website they can show me,
introducing/explaining the music service? -
http://www.ruckus.niu.edu/its/helpdesk/ruckus/ .

Jason Richardson
University of South Carolina
University Technology Services
Network Information and Security Services
jasrich () sc edu
803-777-0392