Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Password Reset

From: "Winders, Timothy A" <twinders () SOUTHPLAINSCOLLEGE EDU>
Date: Tue, 5 Dec 2006 13:32:36 -0600

We also use AD for a central authentication repository.  We are
experimenting with the Track-It! self service password reset application
now.  I don't have results to report yet, but I am hopeful this will be
a good solution for us.

It requires user to setup the ability in advance.  They answer a series
of secret questions.  Then, if they forget their password, they can go
back to this page, answer the secret questions and reset their password
or, unlock their account if it has been locked.

---
Tim Winders | Associate Dean of Information Technology | South Plains
College