Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: New CIS Benchmark Projects

From: Brian Epstein <bepstein () IAS EDU>
Date: Tue, 28 Nov 2006 15:59:01 -0500

On Tue, 2006-11-28 at 11:40 -0700, Rodney Petersen wrote:
As many of you know, EDUCAUSE Institutional Members receive a 50 percent
discount on the fee they pay to become members of the Center for
Internet Security (CIS).  For more information, see:
http://www.educause.edu/TheCenterforInternetSecurityMembershipDiscount/2
634

I'm new to the academic world of security and am looking for resources
to help me create Incident Response Plans, BCP's, DRP's, and Policies,
or specify best practices.

I've been looking over CIS and have not found these types of tools
(although the benchmarks do look very interesting).  Are there other
resources that I should be looking into for Security Standards for an
educational institution?

I'm trying to determine whether or not to ask for budget to join CIS.

Thanks for your help,
Brian

--
Brian Epstein <bepstein () ias edu>                        609-734-8179
Network and Security Officer            Institute for Advanced Study