Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Operational vs project time

From: Steve Schuster <sjs74 () CORNELL EDU>
Date: Wed, 1 Nov 2006 09:31:06 -0500

I have a staff of 4 full time security engineers, a deputy and
myself.  The security engineers rotate primary operations
responsibilities weekly while the others are then able to concentrate
on project work or overflow of operations.  My deputy and I throw
ourselves in as needed.  With all that said, I'd estimate the at
least 40% of our time is spent on operations with the remaining on
projects.

What is changing this mix right now, however, is the new changes to
Federal Rules of Civil Procedure.

sjs

Steve Schuster
Director, IT Security Office