Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Security Assessment Tools

From: Jason Richardson <jasonr () GWM SC EDU>
Date: Tue, 31 Oct 2006 08:25:38 -0500

Hate to state the obvious, but for scanning Windows machines, Microsoft
Baseline Security Advisor wouldn't be a bad idea.  Nessus is my tool of
choice.

Jason

Jason Richardson
Information Security Manager
University of South Carolina
University Technology Services

chad.mcdonald () GCSU EDU 10/31/06 7:30 AM >>>
You may want to check out GFI Languard.  It is relatively
inexpensive, but very effective.