Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Active Directory Domain Administrator Security

From: Bill Betlej <bbetlej () MBC EDU>
Date: Wed, 25 Oct 2006 08:20:57 -0400

All,
        This was listed on the CIO list. I'm cross-listing for Cathy Evans
and John Piercy from Randolph-Macon Woman's College. I'm sure there is some
expertise on this list that may offer suggestions.
Please email directly to Cathy or John.

Bill Betlej
Mary Baldwin College

----------------------------
We are in the process of selecting a new name for our college (you may have
seen this in the news) as a result of the board's decision to go co-ed.
Along with the name change will be a domain name change. External presence
is easy enough but the renaming of the internal domain
(rmwc.edu) name to a new one has me a little nervous. Have any of you been
through this process? If so, do you have any words of wisdom and/or things
to watch out for? We are an active directory domain running Windows 2003
Enterprise domain controllers (just one 2000 server to retire before the
change). Any insight would be most appreciated. We are using Exchange Server
2003 for our messaging services. Thanks for your time.

John Piercy
Network Manager
Randolph-Macon Woman's College
2500 Rivermont Avenue