Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Data Breaches

From: Sheri Thompson <sthomp8 () LSU EDU>
Date: Fri, 15 Sep 2006 15:03:19 -0500

Not sure if you have heard, but LSU has taken a pretty innovative step
toward mitigating the impact of a data breach on its campus.  We have
purchased a full site license to provide all of the LSU faculty, staff,
and students with free credit monitoring through Equifax. While we
realize this isn't some panacea to prevent a breach or an identity
theft,  it does empower our community members so that "when" a breach
occurs (and it really is a given - we've been very lucky so far), they
are already prepared. Feel free to check out our program:
creditmonitor.lsu.edu <http://creditmonitor.lsu.edu/> , and I'd be
interested in any feedback.  Thanks.

Geaux Tigers!

Sheri J. Thompson

IT Communications and Planning Officer

LSU Information Technology Services

200 Fred C. Frey Computing Services Center

Baton Rouge, LA 70803

tel. 225-578-5739

e-mail. sjt () lsu edu <mailto:sjt () lsu edu>