Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

802.1x for wired connections

From: Michael Lymbery <mlymbery () SCU EDU AU>
Date: Thu, 14 Sep 2006 11:15:01 +1000

Hi All,

We are trialling 802.1x for wired connections in our student labs and we
are copping grief with the Novell client.  I would like to know of
anyone out there who has deployed (or at least attempted to deploy)
802.1x in conjunction with Novell with LDAP contextless login and
acheived single-signon.  Just typing that makes it seem like
pie-in-the-sky stuff hehe :).  We are currently trialling with the
Meetinghouse (now Cisco) client v4 which lists single-signon with LDAP
contextless login as a supported feature (but there again, that's
marketing for you).

Thanks
Michael

--
Michael Lymbery
Network Engineer

Information Technology and Telecommunication Services
Southern Cross University
PO Box 157 Lismore NSW 2480

Ph:  61 2 6620 3549
Fax: 61 2 6620 3033