Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Quick show of hands

From: "Geoffrey S. Nathan" <geoffnathan () WAYNE EDU>
Date: Thu, 10 Aug 2006 09:42:33 -0400

Jason Richardson wrote:
If you all don't mind, how many of you have a dedicated, full-time IT Security office, where does it report, and how is
it staffed? This would not include those of you (and your staff) who wear security as one of two or more hats in the org.

Thanks,

Wayne State's C&IT is currently reorganizing to create a subdivision of
Security and Access Management, with the director reporting to the CIO.
We are at this very moment churning employees and the exact numbers in
any of the subdivisions are still under negotiation.  Will be interested
in others' responses to this question as we change horses in mid-stream.

Geoff (wearing among other hats, security policy 'guy')
--
Geoffrey S. Nathan <geoffnathan () wayne edu>
Security Policy Coordinator, Computing and Information Technology,