Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Quick show of hands

From: "Christopher E. Cramer" <chris.cramer () DUKE EDU>
Date: Thu, 10 Aug 2006 09:23:26 -0400

we should have this in a FAQ somewhere :)

Duke has a full time IT Security Office which includes identity management
functions.  For the general (non-identity management) security work, we
report to the CIO and there are 3 of us.  For the identity management
work, there are another 3 people and (because it is at least partially
operational) we report to an assistant vice president (who reports to the
cio).  So, i'm "dual-homed."

Without the IdM functions, I would report entirely to the CIO.

-c

--
Christopher E. Cramer, Ph.D.
University Information Technology Security Officer