Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: SOPHAS security?

From: Kevin Shalla <kshalla () UIC EDU>
Date: Thu, 20 Jul 2006 16:48:44 -0500

From what I understand, this service started all of three weeks ago,
and most Public Health schools are planning to use it.  We'll be
using it soon also.  I know very little about it.

At 04:28 PM 7/20/2006, you wrote:
Hello!  Long time lurker, first time poster.  Please be gentle ;).

My School of Public Health is planning on using SOPHAS
(http://www.sophas.org/) to handle
their applications.  I have been asked to evaluate the security of
this process and am wondering
if anyone on this list has any information that would be helpful, good or bad.

Specifically, with so many schools participating
(http://www.sophas.org/participatingSchools.cfm) ,
I am hoping someone will be able to tell me if any sort of security
audit or code review has been
performed on any of the systems, databases or other apps involved in
this process.

Feel free to contact me off-list if you prefer.  Thank you for your time
and have a good evening.

--
Marcos Vieyra
IT Security Officer