Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Good Investigation/Forensic groups - was: SSNs, rootkits, Incident Response, etc...

From: Jeni Li <jeni.li () ASU EDU>
Date: Fri, 7 Jul 2006 10:45:26 -0700

<snip from Jim Moore>
We have ended up in an investigation, where I thought I was done.  I
am
looking for recommendations of forensic firms to finish it.
</snip>

Jim, I'd recommend Stach & Liu. http://stachliu.com/

Vincent Liu gave a presentation at the last meeting of our local HTCIA
chapter. He (and the rest of his firm, from what I gather) fills your
bill entirely. Very intelligent, very professional, well connected with
both "hat colors," and definitely qualified in both background areas.

Vinnie is also one of the main guys behind the Metasploit Anti-Forensics
Project:
http://metasploit.com/projects/antiforensics/

If they're out of your price range, or if you prefer somebody local,
reply off-list and I'll see if I can help you find someone else.

Good luck.
Jeni Li
Web/Unix Systems Administrator
Arizona State University at the Polytechnic campus
also 2006 chapter president, Arizona HTCIA