Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Password Expiration

From: Bill Betlej <bbetlej () MBC EDU>
Date: Mon, 10 Apr 2006 08:25:23 -0400

Don't underestimate the educational power that a "change your password"
policy has. Many of the users I talk to have mentioned they now understand
the importance of secure (don't write it on a sticky note) and often changed
password. What they can't seem to get they hands around is that they really
don't feel they have anything on their own PCs that is worth stealing.

Bill Betlej

  _____