Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: UofRMachineCheck Control + Windows Defender

From: "Faigle, Chris" <cfaigle () RICHMOND EDU>
Date: Tue, 4 Apr 2006 13:49:24 -0400

-----Original Message-----
From: Samuel Liles [mailto:sliles () purdue edu]
Sent: Tuesday, April 04, 2006 12:47 PM
To: SECURITY () LISTSERV EDUCAUSE EDU
Subject: Re: [SECURITY] UofRMachineCheck Control + Windows Defender

-----Original Message-----
From: Faigle, Chris [mailto:cfaigle () RICHMOND EDU]
Sent: Tuesday, April 04, 2006 11:39 AM

We are likely going to require that students returning in the fall have
Windows Defender installed on their Windows machines before being
allowed to
register them.

To this end I have modified the University of Richmond registration
control
to detect this and return the install status (currently of the Windows
Defender Beta 2 version).

-----End Original Message-----