Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Sensitive Data Self-assessments

From: Marc Scarborough <marcs () RICE EDU>
Date: Thu, 8 Jun 2006 09:38:16 -0500

Regarding the VA incident, we've received similar questions.

We are using more awareness at this point, trying through education
to shift behavior while we develop better policies/procedures and the
tools to back them up.  We at least want folks to think about what
they are doing.

This is a draft of a site we're working on that will be linked from a
variety of sources (email, website, newspaper, etc):

http://www.rice.edu/it/resources/security/datasecurity.html

Comments are welcome.

Marc