Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: 3rd Party Spam Services & Data Confidentiality

From: "Mark S. Bruhn" <mbruhn () INDIANA EDU>
Date: Wed, 7 Jun 2006 15:54:54 -0400

Well, I agree with the other two responses (don't send sensitive data in
unencrypted and unsigned email).

But, whilst you are working hard on fixing that global problem like all the
rest of us (aren't we?), I suggest that you tell this other outfit that this
is an added risk that the institution should avoid.

Are you providing any central/border spam filtering services?

M.

--
Mark S. Bruhn

Associate Vice President for Telecommunications
Executive Director, REN-ISAC (http://ren-isac.net)
Indiana University