Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Security Information and Event Management

From: Greg Vickers <g.vickers () QUT EDU AU>
Date: Mon, 29 May 2006 11:15:21 +1000

Hi Chris,

Chris Steele wrote:
Looking for real world recommendations for Security Information and
Event Management products (i.e. Cisco MARS, ArcSight, e-Security,
Intellitactics, etc.)

We have completed a nine-month investigation into this sector of the IT
marketplace. We received 22 responses and shortlisted four products for
a pilot:

* Intellitactics
* Openservice
* Sensage
* Tier-3

We are currently in contract negotiations for these products; I can let
you know which one we will implement once contract negotiation is complete.

Our drivers for selecting a SIM product are I think very different from
what companies usually have - we want to provide an interface to 200+
users - so this was crucial in determining the kind of product we would
like to put in. Your criteria for implementing a SIM will be different,
I bet :)

Feel free to shoot me any questions you may have.

--
Greg Vickers
Project Manager, IT Security

Phone: +61 7 3864 9536