Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Firefox as default browser in labs

From: unisog <unisog () HOKAN ORG>
Date: Tue, 9 May 2006 20:52:16 -0500

My department makes Mozilla the default browser on centrally-managed machines.
IE is still available on Windows machines, but it is not the default.

We do not permit our users to update the OS in any way, but if programs or
extensions or what-not will run out of the user's (Samba-mounted) disk
space then they can run it.

Our Windows administrator does not use roaming profiles: Too many problems.
I'm not sure what he does as an alternative, but that alternative does work
well for us.