Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Domain Name Database and Bulldog Firewall

From: Cal Frye <cjf () CALFRYE COM>
Date: Thu, 4 May 2006 23:13:35 -0400

I've almost got that now with the voting records from the County Bd. of
Elections when combined with the Auditor's office records...

--Cal Frye, Network Administrator, Oberlin College
   www.calfrye.com, www.pitalabs.com, www.ouuf.org

  "As business replaces civil society, advertising is taking over the cultural
functions that used to be filled by the left. . . . We used to have movements
for change; now we have products." -- Thomas Frank.

Jeni Li wrote:
Ted Frohling from That Other Place wrote:

Now what's really scary is the penchant for county, state and
city governments putting their property information on the web,
using GIS so that I might be able to go to some Lee County
web site and with your name find out where you live, what your
house is worth, how much you paid in taxes, find out what your
neighbors paid and how close you are to them with the escape
routes from a nice aerial view when I want to do you harm.

Amen, Ted. I'm just waiting for the CD to come out that lets you cross-reference that information with court records
and other publicly available sources to target the owner's gender, age, and marital status.

select * from pima where housevalue > 300000 and mortgage < 80000 and age > 65 and residents < 2 and gender = 'f' and
marital = 'single'

Spooky.