Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: End Point Security for Multiple OSes

From: Kevin Amorin <kevin_amorin () HARVARD EDU>
Date: Wed, 26 Apr 2006 11:35:25 -0400

Mark,
      The I2 NetAuth working group has been keeping a list of commercial
and open source vendors in the NAC space.  Check out the Wiki, it may be a
good place to start:

Commercial Products
https://wiki.internet2.edu/confluence/display/NetAuthWG/Commercial+NetAuth+Type+Products
(now up to 39)

Open Source
https://wiki.internet2.edu/confluence/display/NetAuthWG/Commercial+NetAuth+Type+Products

Kevin Amorin
Sr. Security & Network Engineer
KAmorin () Harvard edu
JFK School of Government
Harvard University

m.rogowski () UWINNIPEG CA wrote on 04/26/2006 10:43:13 AM:

I might be asking for the impossible, but here goes...

Does anyone know of or has come across an end point security solution
that covers both Windows and Mac client systems?  By this I mean
- patch checking
- anti virus (I know, macs don't "need" it)
- able to plug in to an LDAP directory for authentication
- be clientless - meaning no client software installed on system

The stuff I've seen thus far have covered only Windows.  Any
suggestions would be appreciated.

Mark Rogowski
IT Security
Technology Solutions Centre