Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Syslog parsing

From: "Jenkins, Matthew" <mjenkins7 () FAIRMONTSTATE EDU>
Date: Tue, 25 Apr 2006 12:48:13 -0400

Have you seen any performance downsides to Kiwi?  Or is the professional version more efficient than the shareware
version?  I tested Kiwi once with a couple firewalls and a dozen or so servers.  It used a ton of CPU on the server I
was running it on (dual 2.8 Xeon).

I found a bunch of hits while searching SourceForge.  One commercial product that came up in their ads was ManageEngine
EventLog Analyzer.  Maybe that would help?

http://manageengine.adventnet.com/products/eventlog/index.html

Is anyone using Splunk for syslog viewing?  I have seen it advertised quite a bit on SourceForge.

Matt

Matthew Jenkins
Network/Server Administrator
Fairmont State University