Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: FirstClass installations an exploit target?

From: James H Moore <jhmfa () RIT EDU>
Date: Tue, 4 Apr 2006 14:18:29 -0400

It looks like a Mytob or Botob variant, but  "rit.edu" is conspicuously
absent. The report that we have is from a FirstClass user.   My guess is
that someone has found a way to fingerprint the FirstClass application,
and is has created a worm with that target.

Jim

- - - -
Jim Moore, CISSP, IAM
Information Security Officer
Rochester Institute of Technology
13 Lomb Memorial Drive
Rochester, NY 14623-5603
(585) 475-5406 (office)
(585) 475-4122 (lab)
(585) 475-7950 (fax)

"We will have a chance when we are as efficient at communicating
information security best practices, as hackers and criminals are at
sharing attack information"  - Peter Presidio