Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Keyloggers in computer labs

From: Brad Judy <judy () COLORADO EDU>
Date: Tue, 7 Feb 2006 08:31:48 -0700

If you purchased your Windows XP license as a volume licensing upgrade, or
have purchased Software Assurance for your OEM/FPP Windows XP license, you
can run a second copy of Windows XP within a virtual machine without
purchasing a second Windows XP license.  However, if your Windows XP license
is OEM/FPP and you do not have Software Assurance for the system, you must
purchase a second Windows XP license to do this.  See:
http://download.microsoft.com/download/2/f/f/2ff38f3e-033d-47e6-948b-8a76345
90be6/virtual_machine.doc

Brad Judy

University of Colorado at Boulder