Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Keyloggers in computer labs

From: "clementz.7" <clementz.7 () OSU EDU>
Date: Tue, 7 Feb 2006 09:52:46 -0500

We also run AutoCAD, but have spent alot of time working with specific file
permissions in order to remove the students from the power user group.  We
have about 35 major software packages we run so it's a lot of work when a
new program comes out, but it helps me sleep at night.  Also we run Keysever
by Sassafrass to keep unwanted executables from being run.  I hope this is
of some help.

Todd Clementz
Systems Administrator
The Austin E. Knowlton School of Architecture
The Ohio State University
Support Site.  http://support.knowlton.ohio-state.edu
clementz.7 () osu edu