Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: NCAA ?!

From: Kevin Shalla <kshalla () UIC EDU>
Date: Tue, 24 Jan 2006 11:23:12 -0600

Although the default is not ssl, this does work:
<https://www.ncaaclearinghouse.net/ncaa/NCAA/college/index_college.html>

At 10:56 AM 1/24/2006, Chad McDonald wrote:
Are any of you using NCAA Clearinghouse?  An audit of our athletic
department revealed that the site does not use ssl or any other
mechanisms for security other than username and password.  I find
this disturbing and hope that one of you has already crossed this
bridge and has a solution.  The URL in question is
<http://ncaaclearinghouse.net>http://ncaaclearinghouse.net .  For
those of you who are unfamiliar with NCAA, this site is the data
mart for high school and college athletes.  They track SSNs, grades,
and other such info needed to ensure eligibility to play sports.