Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Question on DRP

From: Lance Jordan <lancejor () RCI RUTGERS EDU>
Date: Fri, 12 Aug 2005 09:19:25 -0400

Steve

Cold site

Cost

You can talk to me offline if you have other questions

regards

Steve Bernard wrote:

We are implementing a cold site in terms of providing services, but
our SAN updates in near real-time.  We chose this model in part
because of cost and complexity issues but, physical space and manpower
played into it as well.  We are starting with our ERP and email
systems, but again, this is primarily from a data perspective, there
will be very limited front-end application availability.  If we do
need to bring up an application at the DR site we are currently
playing with around a 4 hour window.

Steve