Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

products for scanning http/ftp, and blocking malicious sites?

From: David Boyer <David () BVU EDU>
Date: Wed, 15 Jun 2005 20:59:41 -0500

We're currently evaluating TrendMicro's Interscan Web Security Suite. We have it configured between our http proxy
server and the internet, and it does http and ftp scanning as well as URL filter to block access to known
phishing/malware sites. It gets antivirus and URL blacklist updates automatically?

Are there other products out there that do something similar? All of our clients have updated antivirus software
installed, but we'd like the additional protection of stopping that stuff at the gateway if we can. We'd also like to
be able to prevent users from ending up on phishing or other malware sites.

Any suggestions you have are appreciated. TIA!