Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Inbound Default Deny Policy at Internet Border

From: Valdis Kletnieks <Valdis.Kletnieks () VT EDU>
Date: Mon, 16 May 2005 14:28:48 -0400

On Mon, 16 May 2005 10:07:02 CDT, John Kristoff said:

Something will develop so that users get 'freedom to connect' back.
Maybe not fully realized for a decade or two, but my bet is that it's
coming and I just hope I am around to see and take advantage of that
innovation.

It's already being done, and you don't want to see it arrive.

It's called "Tunnel everything over port 80/443".