Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: SSL Certificate Comparisons

From: Bill Kyle <bill.kyle () JHU EDU>
Date: Thu, 7 Apr 2005 16:14:51 -0400

On Thursday 07 April 2005 03:55 pm, Fretz, Kerry wrote:
Hello,

We have always used Verisign certificates on our web servers but we are
getting extremely frustrated with their pricing and billing issues.
We've been shopping around for other SSL certificate providers.

Does anyone have any feedback on your experience with other SSL
providers?

Kerry Fretz

Manager, Network & Systems

Philadelphia University

Kerry,

For over two years we have been using GeoTrust for our certificates and save
greater that $80,000 per year.  We act as the local RA and approve all
request against our bulk order.

Contact Tom Henault <tomh () geotrust com> 781-292-4135 at GeoTrust to see what
they might be able to do for you at Philadelphia University.
--
Best wishes,
Bill Kyle

From: "Spam Catcher" <spam-catcher () adept org>
To: spam-catcher () adept org

Don't send email to the address listed here or you will be added
to a blacklist!  It is a TRAP for address harvesters.