Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: syslog for PIX?

From: Zachary Spalding <Zachary.Spalding () MARIST EDU>
Date: Thu, 10 Mar 2005 16:05:24 -0500

I suggest a Linux server running Syslog-ng, it has worked out really
well for me.  It deals great with a very heavy load of syslog message
and allows me to place messages in different files based on the
characteristics of the message.  Also by using a Linux server I can
make use of utilities like grep to parse the logs and look for any
specific data that I might need.

Zachary Spalding                        Zachary.Spalding () Marist edu
Network Security Analyst                Phone: (845)575-3175
Information Technology
Marist College
Poughkeepsie, NY 12601