Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Address harvesting of EDUCAUSE?

From: Jeni Li <jeni.li () ASU EDU>
Date: Mon, 28 Feb 2005 14:06:16 -0700

Sometimes just a friendly word to the sender suffices... the gentleman at Endace (which had sent me the UCE as well)
very nicely replied to me that as a result of this thread on the Security list, his organization has "clamped down on
the sending of information to targeted university organisations." And probably others will think twice as well, if they
take the time to read the numerous responses of "But I don't want any Spam!" that this one incident received.

Maybe just because I get so much of the stuff, I'm willing to cut most vendors a little slack if they learn from the
experience. :-)

Jeni