Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Question regarding Marketscore spyware

From: Eric Pancer <epancer () SECURITY DEPAUL EDU>
Date: Fri, 3 Dec 2004 14:14:32 -0600

Joseph Karam wrote on Fri, 2004-12-03 at 15:12:07 -0500...

1)  Is this behavior consistent with what others are seeing?  From the

Yes.

2)  I am still wondering how you all are re-directing people to a particular
web site if they are infected.  Do you setup static routes on your internal
router to point the marketscore addresses to an internal web page with the
remediation instructions?

Poison your DNS cache's to reply with a local address; then put a
webserver at that location.

--
Eric Pancer :.: Computer Security Response Team :.: DePaul University
http://security.depaul.edu/ .:`:.:':.:`:. epancer () security depaul edu