Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Bot DDOS at 10 AM

From: Jim Bollinger <JBollinger () WLU EDU>
Date: Wed, 8 Sep 2004 14:49:42 -0400

Thanks for confirming, we are continuing to analyze here also. Would you
share what you find, and we will also? - Thanks, Jim

Jim Bollinger
Systems and Network Engineer
Washington and Lee University
Lexington, VA 24450
540-458-8743

dbielawa () LIBERTY EDU 9/8/2004 12:57:18 PM >>>
We observed similar activity on our network at the exact same time.
It
filled our outbound DS3 connection and after shutting down several
ports
in the residence halls, the activity level returned to normal.

At this time, we haven't had the opportunity to determine what was
going
on with the blocked machines.

David Bielawa
Information Services