Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

FormMail on web server

From: "Barros, Jacob" <jkbarros () GRACE EDU>
Date: Tue, 10 Aug 2004 15:05:50 -0500

We recently outsourced our website and our new consultants are asking us
to add some sort of FormMail solution to the web server (IIS 5).  All
our web-based forms used to be coldfusion based so I'm hoping for some
opinions on which way to go as I have no experience with this yet.  In
relation to the form they're developing now, some of the information
could be considered private or confidential.  So...

From a security perspective:

Is anyone using a canned FormMail solution that could give some positive
/ negative feedback?  If so, which 'package' are you using?  Anyone just
writing your own scripts (php or other) for form submission?  Any
concerns that I wouldn't find on google, sourceforge, etc?

Thanks in advance.

Jake Barros
Grace College