Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: FW: Checklist for securing Windows XP systems

From: Brent Sweeny <sweeny () INDIANA EDU>
Date: Thu, 29 Jul 2004 10:03:43 -0500

what do your scripts do, exactly?  there are lots of options in
the NIST and NSA guides, and yours has type-of-use options so I
presume there are multiple classes of settings.   I tried it
with a non-administrator account and it doesn't seem to fail
very gracefully, and I'd hate to try it--even on a non-critical
system--with an admin account before I knew what it was doing.
        thanks.