Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Incident Response Procedures

From: Tim Howard <Timothy_G_Howard () RAYTHEON COM>
Date: Wed, 21 Jul 2004 17:14:51 -0400

We have compiled information security policies for the U.S. Antarctic
Program as part of a government contract, and you may review them at the
following url:

www.polar.org/infosec

Our program is run by the National Science Foundation Office of Polar
Programs, and includes science grant teams from many universities around
the country, so the policies are written with the academic community in
mind.  If you review our policies and find them useful, or have
recommendations for improvement, please send me a note and let me know your
thoughts.

Thanks
Tim

Tim Howard
Information Security Manager
Information Technology & Scientific Services (ITSS)
Raytheon Technical Services Company, LLC
301.883.4104 office     301.883.4136 fax
301.943.4732 cell timothy_g_howard () raytheon com

                      Jason Brooks
                      <brooksje () LONGWOOD ED        To:       SECURITY () LISTSERV EDUCAUSE EDU
                      U>                           cc:
                      Sent by: The EDUCAUSE        Subject:  [SECURITY] Incident Response Procedures
                      Security Discussion
                      Group Listserv
                      <SECURITY () LISTSERV ED
                      UCAUSE.EDU>

                      07/21/2004 04:21 PM
                      Please respond to The
                      EDUCAUSE Security
                      Discussion Group
                      Listserv

We are working on formulating an Incident Response Policy and Procedure.
We've scoured the net and found little that aids us in the Higher Ed
sector;
most are geared for business.  So, not wanting to unnecessarily reinvent
the
wheel, we are soliciting input.

Does anyone have any IRP/Procedures that they would be willing to share?

Thanks,
Jason Brooks

Jason Brooks
Information Security Technician