Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Incident Response Procedures

From: Eric Pancer <epancer () SECURITY DEPAUL EDU>
Date: Wed, 21 Jul 2004 16:14:08 -0500

Jason Brooks wrote on Wed, 2004-07-21 at 16:21:45 -0400...

We are working on formulating an Incident Response Policy and Procedure.
We've scoured the net and found little that aids us in the Higher Ed sector;
most are geared for business.  So, not wanting to unnecessarily reinvent the
wheel, we are soliciting input.

We worked this up a while back, but it fell on the floor and still
needs revisioning, updating, etc.

<http://security.depaul.edu/doc/policy/pub/irtfwk.pdf>

There's alot of gaps that need to be filled out, and hopefully we'll
get this done in the next couple months.

--
Eric Pancer :.: Computer Security Response Team :.: DePaul University
http://security.depaul.edu/ .:`:.:':.:`:. epancer () security depaul edu