Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Sniffer notification

From: Doug Sandford <dsandfor () SEEBECK UA EDU>
Date: Tue, 23 Mar 2004 08:55:03 -0600

I would be interested to know what circumstances led you and others
to move forward with the Sniffer project. Several factions here have
resisted the process because of perceived privacy issues, thus the
delay/hesitancy. Was your decision driven by the recent spate of
virus and 'compromised host' issues?

Forwarded by:           dsandfor () seebeck ua edu
Forwarded to:           doug () bama ua edu