Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Password aging

From: Dick Jacobson <Dick.Jacobson () NDSU NODAK EDU>
Date: Thu, 8 Jan 2004 11:26:14 -0600

On Wed, 7 Jan 2004, Seruya, Stewart wrote:

We have written policies regarding "good passwords".  Many of our systems
also enforce some level of "good" passwords.  The most common is two
character types and no dictionary words but some systems are more strict.

Only our administrative system has password aging - and I swear at it
every time it catches me ;-)

I'm trying to get a sense on how many have a university-wide Password
policy.  Second, do any have a password aging rule?

Your input is appreciated.

Stewart Seruya
University of Miami