Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: More specifics ... adult p*o*r*n

From: "Schmidt, Eric W" <erschmid () IUPUI EDU>
Date: Thu, 30 Oct 2003 07:44:42 -0500

More opinion from a non-lawyer:

You might further define adult pornography as not criminally illegal
according to federal statutes, may violate university policies, and may
cause a hostile workplace environment which could certainly lead to
civil lawsuits for the organization.  For all these reasons (and more)
the organization should have a process in place for dealing with this
suspected activity.

Eric W. Schmidt, CISSP, CISM, DABFE
Information Security Officer
Indiana University School of Medicine