Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Fwd: Cisco Security Agent Webinar

From: Chuck Crawford <ccrawf () KU EDU>
Date: Wed, 22 Oct 2003 16:26:52 -0500

We tested Cisco's security agent about the time of the Blaster, Nachi, fun late August, early September.

We put up a non-patched Windows 2000 server, weak passwords, yada yada yada, installed CSA and waited for the worst.
To our surprise we monitored several 100 attempts an hour but none were successful.

We were very pleased.  Now the cost is another story.

Thanks

Charles Crawford
IT Security Officer
University of Kansas