Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Guidelines for Deans

From: Brian Reilly <reillyb () GEORGETOWN EDU>
Date: Wed, 3 Dec 2003 13:57:57 -0500

Georgetown covers this in the "Data Stewards" section of our Information
Security Policy
(http://www.georgetown.edu/policy/technology/security.htm#stewards).
Stewards are those members of the University community who have the
primary responsibility for particular information, such as the Registrars
for student data, Deans for their particular school's data, etc.  We've
also developed a 2-page executive summary of our security policy, which
has been a big help during our security awareness training.

--Brian

Brian Reilly, CISSP
University Network Security Officer
Georgetown University, UIS