Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Problems accessing Hotmail.com ?

From: "Edwards, Francis" <Francis.Edwards () MONTGOMERYCOLLEGE EDU>
Date: Fri, 29 Aug 2003 12:56:32 -0400

We're having problems in accessing Hotmail.com from some of our
networks.  Is anyone else experiencing this problem?

If you experienced the problem, what we're interested in is:
- If the problem has been corrected, what was the solution / resolution?
- If it's still outstanding, what actions have you done to date for
diagnosis?

Background:
We have two network connections to the Internet (separate networks).
Sometime in July one of our connections ceased to be able to access any
Hotmail services.
We have pursued all of the normal problem determination steps without
success (reverse DNS, IP routing etc.).

Francis Edwards, CISSP CCP
Manager, IT Security
Montgomery College
Office of Information Technology
7362 Calhoun Place
Rockville, MD 20855-2759

240/314-3091
Francis.Edwards () montgomerycollege edu
<mailto:Frencis.Edwards () montgomerycollege edu>