Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Cannot make Ruleset Chartfield page Display Only

From: Vicky Walker <Vwalker () UNT EDU>
Date: Wed, 27 Aug 2003 10:09:45 -0500

I apologize for double posting but this issue but it just came up and we have Financials go-live September 1st.  We
have a case open with PS and have searched their knowledge base but hope someone else has handled this.  Any info,
advise, or help you can offer will be greatly appreciated.  We are at Financials 8.4 and PeopleTools release 8.41.07.
Summary of our problem:

Menu MANAGE_COMMITMENT_CONTROL, Component KK_BUDGET, Page KK_BUDG7: No matter what I try (different users, new
permission lists and roles as well as different database/environment instances) I cannot make this page display only.
The other pages in the Component work correctly when being set as Display Only but this one will not. I have checked
that there are no other permission lists involved granting this access both online and by querying the PSAUTHITEM
table. I have also created test users with new Roles and Permission lists only granting access to the needed web
libraries to login and this menu with all Component pages as Display only and still have the issue in two separate
databases. I have also cleared local and server cache and tried from multiple machines. In short, I am afraid it is a
bug of some sort. We Go Live on Monday and our Financials group considers this a serious issue, so any help is
appreciated.

Thanks in advance for your input.

vicky

Vicky Walker-Brooks, Security Admin
EIS Application Infrastructure Team
UNT, Computing Center
940-565-3376
vwalker () unt edu

Nobody, but nobody can make it out here alone.
                         Maya Angelou