Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Imaged System Patching Strategies was Re: DShield and Symantec report MSBlast in wild

From: Gary Flynn <flynngn () JMU EDU>
Date: Thu, 14 Aug 2003 12:47:46 -0400

Michelle Mueller wrote:

We use a Software Update Services server which is basically an internal
Windows Update Server.

I just wish it had a web interface like the Windows Update site
so our users could hit it with a browser like they're accustomed to.

You need to be using Group Policies to use SUS.

I think you can configure the clients with .reg files too but of course
you have to get them distributed somehow.

I just brought it up last night at 2am for the first time so
I'm still learning...and a little fuzzy at that. :)

--
Gary Flynn
Security Engineer - Technical Services