Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: FT Information Security Officer/Mgr

From: "Schmidt, Eric W" <erschmid () IUPUI EDU>
Date: Thu, 10 Apr 2003 08:42:08 -0500

The IU School of Medicine just established the ISO position and I came
on board last month.  The school has a normal enrollment of about 1100
students at any one time and we are the first school within Indiana
University to establish such a position.  With all the federal
regulations that I now fall under that require security programs I can't
imagine doing this part-time for a school twice the size of mine.

Eric W. Schmidt, CISSP, CISM, DABFE

Information Security Officer

Indiana University School of Medicine

office:  317-278-8751