Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

ICPL 2003

From: Tracy Mitrano <tbm3 () CORNELL EDU>
Date: Mon, 2 Jun 2003 14:32:28 -0400

The eighth annual Computer Policy and Law Summer Seminar,
sponsored by EDUCAUSE and Cornell, will take place this year
Tuesday-Friday July 8-11 in beautiful Ithaca, NY.  For full
information and a registration form, link to

http://www.sce.cornell.edu/exec/cpl.php

There are slots remaining, but please grab them fast, since
attendance is limited.

We're featuring our best-ever lineup of speakers, including:

Ced Bennett (Stanford)
Jacqueline Craig (University of California, Berkeley)
Larry Flournoy (Texas A&M University System Health Science Center)
Lolly Gasaway (University of North Carolina)
Bob Hamilton (Jones, Day, Reavis and Pogue)
Georgia Harper (University of Texas System)
H. Morrow Long (Yale University)
Steve McDonald (Rhode Island School of Design)
Tim McGovern (MIT)
Tracy Mitrano (Cornell University)
Patti Orr (Wellesley)
Chuck Phelps (University of Rochester)
David G. Post (Temple University Law School)
Jason Rhoades (Cornell)
Steve Schuster (Cornell)
Marjorie Hodges Shaw (University of Rochester)
Kent Wada (UCLA)
Bill Weems (University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston)

This year's sessions include:

What's new since last year?
Security Issues for Higher Education
Bandwidth Management and Filtering
Copyright in Cyberspace
Electronic Identity Management
ISP Liability Case Studies
Introduction to the Law
Developing and Implementing IT Policies
IT Policy and Institutional Leadership
Internet Governance

In addition to these specific sessions, we have speakers
who'll be covering HIPAA, the RIAA's activities on P2P file
sharing, issues related to the USA/Patriot Act, and other
hot topics.  As always, we're allowing lots of time for
give-and-take between the audience and presenters, and
repeating our popular and entertaining case-study role-play,
featuring a topic from current headlines.  And be sure to
sign up for Wednesday night's Cayuga Lake dinner cruise.

Hope to see you in July!

Steve Worona and Tracy Mitrano

PS -- Please pass this announcement along to interested
colleagues and mailing lists.