Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Updated SECURITY Web Site

From: Joan Couse <jcouse () EDUCAUSE EDU>
Date: Tue, 25 Mar 2003 18:07:38 -0700

Dear SECURITY Subscriber:

I am writing to you as the staff coordinator of the EDUCAUSE
Constituent Group program. We've recently updated all group sites
including Security Discussion Group
(http://www.educause.edu/memdir/cg/security.asp). The sites have been
designed to better serve as gateways to EDUCAUSE resources. Many pages
highlight references that have been identified to be of particular
interest to the group. If you are aware of references that you think
would be helpful additions, please post them to the list for comment.

Currently, nearly 30 EDUCAUSE constituent groups cover a range of
topics as varied as administrative services, security issues, and
managing in times of change, including groups for specific sizes or
types of institutions. Most groups meet at scheduled face-to-face
meetings at the EDUCAUSE annual conference and minutes are posted to
the group sites. All are associated with an electronic discussion list
for maintaining connections throughout the year. The subscriber base
for these groups varies from 50 to over 1,000. More than 435 of your
colleagues are subscribed to this list--think of the expertise
available to you with just a quick message to the group! Some groups
are more active in electronic discussions than others, but all include
experienced professionals like you who are eager to share their ideas
and accomplishments. We encourage you to familiarize yourself with the
various groups (http://www.educause.edu/memdir/cg/) and take advantage
of the resources available, including searchable archives of
discussions.

In other recent changes, the constituent group program description
(http://www.educause.edu/memdir/cg/cgstructure599.asp) and guidelines
(http://www.educause.edu/memdir/cg/part600.asp) have been updated to
help you better understand the program and to address issues of
appropriate use.

The leaders of your group are currently Rodney J. Petersen, Director,
Policy and Planning, Office of Information Technology, University of
Maryland (rodney () umd edu), Daniel A. Updegrove, Vice President for
Information Technology, University of Texas at Austin
(updegrove () mail utexas edu), and Gordon D. Wishon, CIO, Associate Vice
President and Associate Provost, University of Notre Dame
(gwishon () nd edu). We are here to help direct you to resources and to
consider your suggestions for making this group more useful to you. We
hope you find these changes helpful and look forward to your comments.

Should you have any questions about the EDUCAUSE Constituent Group
program, please do not hesitate to contact me directly.

Joan Couse
Member Programs Associate

EDUCAUSE
4772 Walnut Street, Suite 206