Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Chronicle: 12/02: Recording Industry Plans to Acce lerate Complaints About Illegal File Sharing

From: "eward {Elaine N. Ward, ISO}" <eward () FORUM UTEXAS EDU>
Date: Thu, 5 Dec 2002 11:09:46 -0600

Tracy--

I've not talked with Georgia on this particular issue.  We investigate
reports of alleged infringement much as we would reports of other possible
violations of UT Austin's acceptable use policy.

We then thank the sender, letting them know that the University takes all
reports seriously and will investigate.  This acknowledgement includes a
link to our warning that UT retains the right to terminate computing
services of those who repeatedly infringe on another's copyright.

Elaine

Elaine N. Ward
Information Technology Policy Officer
ITS Information Security Office